Sunday, May 4, 2014

Thing #20: YouTube and Beyond


I liked the You Tube site. There is so much to explore I lost a lot of time searching for videos.  It's dangerous to browse on such a site. 
I just loved The Kid President videos!!!! He is so adorable and relays wholesome, direct messages that we as adults tend to forget.  In this Kid President Has a Dream video, he reminds us that things do not have to stay the way they are.  Things can change by dreaming about it. Grown ups should not grow out of dreaming. He also inferred that dreaming brings joy to the world.  He challenges us to think of dreams we have for the world.

Until recently, I thought I had to stop dreaming about what I wanted out of life.  After so much time, my dreams are no longer on the back burner and are becoming a reality little by little.  It took a long time to get to this point despite it all I got here and intend to go farther. 

a=GeoBeatshttp://www.go2web20.net/site/?a=GeoBeats

On GeoBeats, they provide video clips of various places from arouind the world.  The videos like the ones I viewed of Spain and Argentina focused on a particular city of that country and described either customs, architecture, historical sites, culinary delights, places of interest when visiting, etc.  This site I chose has a lot of potential. I could use it to have students compare and contrast two or three different Spanish-speaking countries on a particular topic like etiquette or culinary specialties. Another obvious way to use this site is to have students explore places they would like visit in the future and have them explain why and track their future travels on a physical or virtual map of the country.

THING # 20 COMPLETED!!!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment