Saturday, May 3, 2014

Thing #19: Beyond Facebook


Question: What did you discover about the best uses of social networking for educators?

Well, the best uses of social networking for educators is attempting to give us ideas in staying connected to the SOCIAL NETWORKING WORLD as we teach so we won't get bogged down and look to social networking for insight or inspiration. What I find funny is that it mentions to try to "Allot time for personal social media use."  It sounds like someone telling me to make sure I make time for myself and not think about work and family responsibilities so much.  Sorry, I digressed.

I am not a member of other social networking sites. For this THING I gravitated towards the cooking sites like Open Food Source and Tasty Kitchen. ( I must be hungry.) The Open Food Source had a lot of ethnic and vegetarian recipes, which is very interesting. I like to check out different recipes. I get bored making the same meals. I would use either of these at home. As for any I might use in the classroom, I surprised myself and really liked the http://classroom20.ning.com/. I liked the ideas they had to incorporate technology in the classroom.  Foreign language teachers can benefit from using technology when creating activities for oral language expression and listening activities. Look out future students!!!! Mrs. Vasquez is going to take her Spanish class to a different level!!!!


TO BE CONTINUED..............





































































































































 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment