Tuesday, May 6, 2014

THE LAST THING!!!!!!!!!


There is so much to say for question number one.  I liked coming up with my avatar. I could have my students use this too when we establish our class website. They would get a kick out of it. I can hardly believe that I actually said it. Yes, I think it would be a good idea to have a class blog for students and parents to check on our classroom happening, assignments, and comment about Spanish cultural topics. For example, I could have the class watch something on TV for homework and then when it is over have them answer questions or make commentaries about it.  That is dependent on students be able to access the particular TV station and/or internet from their home.  It could be worked out.  I also liked the online image generators like Big huge Labs and Image Chef, the flow chart tools, the productive sites like Remember the Milk, and LiveBinder. 

This class has affected my life-long learning tremendously by forcing me to just do things that were out of my technology comfort zone.  I would become very anxious about taking on yet another tech tool that I psyched myself into thinking I will not understand the point of these tools.  In the end, I got these THINGS done and I survived this part.  I may have lost sleep and the patience of my family, as it has been said, no pain no gain. 

I would say that for me it was hard remembering the little things.  I may need to record more of my classes. It was a constant struggle to keep up at times, which took me longer to do something.

The content of this class will be a great influence in my teaching.  It has given me many other sources to use when I teach Spanish to middle-schoolers.  Teaching a foreign language requires students to have opportunities to hear and speak the target language as often as possible.  This class has introduced me to podcasts and online voice recording applications, which my future students can use to gain fluency in Spanish.  

I will keep up with new web 2.0 developments by subscribing to a online website via RSS feed to keep up with a few sites that I found to be innovative and well-maintained on incorporating technology with foreign language teaching. I surprised myself yet again.     

Here is my response for question number two.  Although this 23 Things blog was a good learning experience, I do not think I would be able to keep up with it.  I will try to keep up with the tools that I learned.  I really needed to be in this class so I could update my computer skills as I prepare to enter the classroom.  I have learned a lot.  I will try to be more reflective each day to gain better insight in what I learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment