Sunday, March 2, 2014

Thing # 8: More Flickr Fun!!!


    


     
     
 
To complete Thing #8 we had to check out the other Flickr applications, create at least one mash-up, copy our masterpiece onto our blog, and comment on whether we would use Flickr mash-ups
 
Here are two of my Flickr mash-up masterpieces. The first one was created using a family picture we took at the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa about four years ago.  I used Big Huge Labs to  make it. I was very surprised at how easy the process was. Coming from a technology klutz, that is saying a lot. I think next time I will use the Mosaic Maker to really accentuate the scenic photos. I thought it was fun way to visualize our family photo. The next image was made using the Puzzles mash-up. It was picture of one of my son's Lego creations that he made some time ago. I showed my son the final product and he was so happy to have it in puzzle form. I think we will be using this mash-up for other photos too. 
 
I did check out some of the other Flickr mash-ups to see if I would use them for my future classroom. I think I might use the Mosaic Maker for my Spanish classes by having them create a photoset from Flickr of places or people from various Spanish speaking countries. I thought I would use the Flickr Color Pickr for a brief color lesson for my students, but changed my mind. I came to this decision after I looked a few colors and I came across some photos in Flickr that would not be appropriate for school use. I will have to find another avenue to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment