Sunday, March 30, 2014

Thing #13: Google Drive


For Thing #13, I have seen the video, explored Google Drive applications, did some creating with the applications, and made a post using Google docs about what I found out. You will find a link below that has my Google document. Click it to read more about my adventures in Google Drive. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OEoda6oozPNnjXB-MghfT8CVykAiTAz8ER2WAsA3phw/pub


I created a form in Google Drive that I can use personally. Check out the link.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cLc6y8vHCouAHJTIRIcU2cRAUkxeCCKecGxxGCEtmnQ/edit?usp=sharing

One way I can see myself using Google Drive in my future classroom is by having my students compose some Spanish sentences using Google docs and share them on our class bog or site. Students can then review the work of two other students and made suggestions for improvement. This will be great way for students to reinforce the grammar points with each other.

I checked out the other web-based application, Zoho and I was not very impressed. Sorry folks. Once I looked at Google Drive, got used to its format, and everything it has to offer, I could not be convinced. I felt it had much more business based needs. I am sure if I wanted to think outside of the box and really try to make it work I could. But, if Google Drive will give me 15 GB of free storage and Zoho was offering 5GB of  the  same, my money's on Google Drive. Case closed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment