Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Thing # 10: RSS Feeds


RSS brings new meaning to the phrase having information at your fingertips or, in this case, in your email inbox.  I will definitely save a lot of my time when surfing the web to get to the sites that interest me by having them send new information to me. I can see myself using this technology in my personal life and for my classroom.
For this activity I selected feeds on cooking, education technology, teaching Spanish, personal insights, and travel. My thought on how teachers can use RSS feeds is not original. They can simply use it to keep up with professional websites or blogs where they are in contact with other teachers. But, for some reason I keep coming up with a question in my head.  How is RSS feeds different from subscribing to a site and you receive new information in your inbox anyway? Maybe I am just confusing myself by reading about RSS feeds longer than I need to. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment