Sunday, March 2, 2014

Thing# 9: Online Image Generator


These online image generators are fun once you find ones that open as they should. It is kind of dangerous exploring them because you tend to lose track of time. As you can tell, I created these by using the Image Chef generator. I wanted to come up with something I could use in my future classroom.


This first image was made with the Word Mosaic within the Image Chef generator.  I spent some time trying to come up with different messages with different symbols. It took a while because the messages I came up with were too long and make it difficult to read. The final product reflects a how a student will get a gold star from me if they work hard. http://www.imagechef.com/ic/word_mosaic/  
 


 
This next image came from the Fun Templates in Image Chef. Once I saw the floppy disk, the message came to me automatically. I thought it was funny. You have to remember that I will be a seventh grade Spanish teacher. There will be drama and bad attitudes coming into the classroom all day long. I think this will be good to post right by the entrance to the classroom so they can mentally prepare for class. Then again, the whole message may be a lost cause because my future students will have no idea what a floppy disk is. Oh well, I got a kick out of it.    http://www.imagechef.com/c/br8a/Fun
  

  
 
I think I would use image generators in my classroom as a way to provide encouraging messages, reminders of upcoming things, or to transition from one activity to another. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment