Sunday, April 27, 2014

Thing #17: Delicious Tagging & Bookmarking


For some reason Thing #17 almost made me give up.  I reviewed all of the tutorials and bookmarking sites without any issue.  When it came to joining Delicious, that was when my progress stopped.  I could not join or register for about three days because the window froze when I attempted to accept their terms. I could've been on Thing #20 or so by now.  I sat down again this afternoon with my twelfth grade daughter at my side I was finally able to get through with her help. I was so glad to finally have access. But, then again, I was frustrated because she did the same thing I did and it worked like a charm.  Go figure.

After hearing what a great bookmarking tool Delicious was and dealing with the defiant website, the excitement of exploring the site dissipated quickly. I did see how it could be beneficial for educators to create and organize their bookmarks. Teachers can use Delicious to add their own favorite sites to share with other teachers of the same discipline and find new ones too.


No comments:

Post a Comment