Saturday, January 25, 2014

Thing # 3: Blog Registration & Future Usefulness in Classroom

Write about ways that you might use a blog in your teacher education program or your future classroom.
    I already have some ideas how I might incorporate a blogging to my future classroom.  I think creating an educator blog during my first year of teaching will put me in touch with other teachers for support and ideas. It will never hurt to get as much support as you can, especially in the first few years of teaching. I think having a blog set up for my classes will give them opportunity to discuss current issues facing other Spanish-speaking countries that we learned in class. Many times in Spanish language classes there is a lot of time placed upon learning the basics of Spanish-speaking countries like there geography, some customs, and a few important people. By learning about current issues facing Spanish-speaking countries, the students will gain a different perspective of these nations and be able to identify with them.    

6 comments:

  1. I like your idea about using the blog to keep your students aware of current issues and news in Spanish-speaking countries. This will give them great insight and allow for great classroom and blog discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for responding. I think it will open their eyes to a place other than their neighborhood. Maybe it will spark the students' interest in what happens in their own community / country. It's worth a try...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I doing something wrong when I post a comment? I've been seeing a weird icon / symbol after my name and before the date and time stamp? Please advise....

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Delma!! Good thing I looked at your blog! I didn't even see the part about how we were supposed to discuss it's future usefulness. Eeeep! What would I do without you guys? Love the background too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Theresa, we're learning about this blog business together. It's still fixable. Don't worry. About the background, I like it too. The colors remind me of spring and summer. Thanks for posting on my blog.

      Delete